Opening Times and Prices
Opening times:15. March - 15. November
Monday until Friday 9am - 5pm
Saturday, Sunday & Holidays 10am - 6pm
Winter opening times:25. December - 06. January
daily 10am - 4pm, closed on New Year's Eve
Admission Prices Oberhausmuseum 2018:
- Adult 5 €
- Reduced 4 €
- Family 10 €/8 € reduced
- Groups (15 or more) 4 € per person
- Schools 2 € per student (teachers free of charge)
- Children under 6 years free of charge
The museum ticket includes the admission to St. George's Chapel and the view point "Battery Linde".
- Groups up to 14 participants 45 € (plus reduced admission)
- Groups 15 and more 8 € per person (incl. admission)
- Reservation required: call +49 851 396 800 or send an e-mail to email@example.com
- Public guided caste tours 8 € per person incl. ticket to the museum, no reservation required
Guided tours can be booked for the castle Veste Oberhaus and all of the exhibitions of the Oberhausmuseum. The price includes the admission to the Oberhausmuseum.
You can join the public guided castle tours without advance booking, they are every Monday and Wednesday during the season at 3pm.
Access and Shuttle bus
Adress and directions
Ticket office: +49 851 396 812
The car park is situated at the end of the Rennweg above the castle. Access the car park via Neue Rieser Strasse or Ferdinand-Wagner-Strasse. The road through the castle is closed for traffic.
Shuttle bus - Ticket prices:
The shuttle bus runs daily between March 15th and November 15th, connecting the townhall square and the Veste Oberhaus. There is no shuttle bus service during winter opening times.
- Single 2 €
- Family ticket 6 €
- 8-strip-ticket Children 6 €
- 8-strip-ticket Adults 9,50 €
You can purchase your ticket from the busdriver. The 8-strip-tickets are not for sale on the bus but must be purchased in advance. You have to stamp one strip per journey. A change between the shuttle bus and other busses is not allowed.
Please note that due to construction works at the Hängebrücke (bridge) the shuttle bus will only run at 40-minute intervals!
Current shuttle bus schedule
Footpaths to the Veste Oberhaus:
- Via the battlement walk (Wehrgang) approx. 15 minutes
Access at the north side of the Hängebrücke (bridge), ends within the castle court yard
The battlement walk closes at 5pm every day - starting autumn is is closed at dusk
The battlement walk is closed during the winter months
- Via Ludwigsteig approx. 20 minutes
Access at the north side of the Hängebrücke (bridge), ends at the viewing plattform next to the car park
Arrival by train:
Find train times and schedules at http://www.reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/d
If you travel with a Bayernticket you can claim a reduced ticket price (1€ less than the official ticket price).